Frequently Asked Questions on Chinese Visa

Q: Is an appointment required for a visa application? Can I entrust someone else to apply for me?
A: No appointment is required. You may entrust someone else or a travel/visa agent come to the visa office for application process, but mail applications is not acceptable by the Chinese Embassy and consulates.
Q: Can I provide the embassy or consulate with a photocopy of my passport?
A: No. Your must provide your original passport.
Q: I cannot pull out your application from the Internet, Can you e-mail me one?
A: We can either email or fax a copy to you. Please give us your fax number or email address.
I'm going to China on June 1, and my visa will expire on June 10. Can I still stay in China for 30 days?
Yes. Usually a Chinese visa is good for 90 days from the date of issue, which means, you can enter China Within 90 days (please note the time difference between China and the U.S.); and duration of stay is 30 days (It is written in the visa label), which means from the date of your entrance, you can stay in China for 30 days.
I am going to Guangdong, then to Hongkong and back to Guangdong for one night. Does it mean that I must have a double-entry visa?
Absolutely. Double-entry visa means you can enter into mainland of China twice. Since you are going to Guangdong in the mainland of China twice, you must have a double-entry visa.
Q: Must I use a certified mail to send my application to your office?
A: No problem. You can choose any mail to send your application to us.
My return mail would be USPS Priority Mail. Do you have any idea how much postage I should pay?
We really have no idea about the postage. Please check with the post office. As we know, the postage depends on the weight of the parcel. For FedEx, include your credit card number or account number on the airbill. For your safety, we would like to suggest you to use FedEx or Express Mail, because they are traceable.
I plan to mail my applications to your office. Can I combine the visa fee, rush fee and your service fee together and send just one check or money order?
A: Yes, you can do that.
I am wondering whether you have received my application. Can I call you to check the status of my application?
A: Yes, you can call us at any time to check the status of your application.
If I mail you everything I need to apply for a visa today, when will I receive my passport back?

Regular service takes 4 business days to process + mail time.

Express or next day service takes 2 business days to process + mail time.

Rush or same day service - your documents must be in our office around 9:30 a.m. for 5:00 p.m. mail out on the same day + mail time.

Q: How many passport photos must I include?
A: One (passport type) photo per application.
Q: Must I send my passport with the documents?
A: Yes.
Q: Can I pay you with a personal check?
A: Yes. You can pay with a personal check for regular service. If you choose Rush or Express service you must pay with money order or credit card.
Q: I am having problems filling in the application on my computer. May I print it out and handwrite the fields?
A: Yes.  You can download a 2-page visa application form and handwrite the fields.
Q: What is an invitation letter, and how can it be utilized? 
A: An invitation letter is used to apply for a business (F) visa.  It is usually issued by a company in China. It can also be issued by a company here in the US but it must state the person applying for a visa and the reason for a business trip in China.  

Do I need an invitation letter if I am going for tourism?


No invitation is needed if you apply for a tourist (L) visa.

Q: Can I apply for a 12 month multiple entry Chinese visa?
A: All US passport holders may apply for a 12-month multiple entry visa if your passport is valid for more than one year on the day of submission.   
Q: I am a Non US passport holder, may I apply for a 12 month multiple entry visa?
A: Non US passport holders must have a Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) in order to apply for a 12-month multiple entry Chinese visa. 
Q: My daughter was born here in the US, and I am a previous Chinese citizen, may she apply for a 2-year multiple entry visa? If so what do I need to include?
A: Yes.  Your daughter may apply for a 2-year validity Chinese visa.  You must include a copy of her birth certificate and your US passport copy. If you are still holding a Chinese passport you must include a copy of your Chinese passport and a copy of your Green Card.
Q: I am going to be traveling to Houston soon; is it okay if I mail the documents to you and pick up my passport from you when I arrive in Houston?
A: Yes, you can do so. Just make sure you allow us enough time to process your visa before arriving in Houston to pick up your passport/visa.
Q: I am mailing you my passport; I am a little worried, do you physically take the passports to the Chinese Consulate?
A: Yes, we go to the Chinese Consulate in Houston twice a day to submit and to pick up.
Q: I was in Houston and I dropped off my passport and application but I live in Georgia. If I mail you my pick up slip, can you pick up my passport and mail it back to me?
A: Yes, we do have this kind of service. We will charge you a service fee and you must also provide us a prepaid return envelope to mail your passport back to you along with your Chinese visa.
Q: I need to apply for a Hong Kong visa, can your office assist me with that?
A: Yes, we can assist you with it. Just give us a call if you need any further details on this.
Q: Can I send a black and white photo for the application?
A: No, black and white photos are not acceptable.  It must be an actual passport photo in colors.
Q: My passport will expire in less than 6 months but I only need a single entry visa. Is there anyway I can still apply for a Chinese visa?
A: No.  Your passport has to be valid for at least 6 months on the day of submission.
Q: Can you help me renew my passport or add pages?
A: Yes, we can help you renew your passport or add pages. Just give us a call at 678-918-4102.
Q: I am going to China on a business trip, my spouse is coming along. What type of visa does my spouse need to apply for?
A: Your spouse can apply for a tourist visa.

China Visa Atlanta
2645 North Berkeley Lake Rd., Suite 114
Duluth, GA 30096
Tel: 678-918-4102
Fax: 678-918-4102

We have many years' experience. We are glad to help you.

You can reach us by telephone, email or by entering your comments on our contact us page.


Home | Tourist Visa | Business Visa | Family/Relatives Visa | Work Visa | Other Visa | Authentication | Contact Us

© China Visa Atlanta. 2645 North Berkeley Lake Rd., Suite 114, Duluth, GA 30096. Tel: 678-918-4102

English version Chinese version